1 – GET SMARTER
In 2015 Facebook announced they will be making changes to their algorithm. A HUGE change that shall not only alter the way your newsfeed looks like but a change that will have a significant impact on the marketing campaigns of businesses.
In January 2015, businesses should expect to see the organic reach of promotional posts drop significantly. However, the reach of paid advertisements is not expected to change. What does this mean? – Ultimately Facebook want you to pump more money into your campaigns before they gift you greater reach.
Facebook users, get ready to see more posts telling you what your friends are having for dinner, or where they are heading for the day.
Businesses will now have to shell out for more exposure on the social media site.
Which makes us question – Are you making the most out of other social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn and Google+ ?
Let us know if you need a hand 😉 ..
2 – BLOG
Are you blogging? WHY NOT?!!
Why Should I Start a Blog for My Business?
A blog is very easy-to-use and is a platform which will help connecting with and sharing timely and relevant information with customers. An effective way to do this is to blog and include products/services you offer. Do not forget this is your direct communication channel. Your blog grows your SEO presence. Search engines love unique content and in turn you can rank higher organically. You don’t have to be a professional, many companies outsource blogging. Many blogging platforms like WordPress and Hubspot make it simple for anybody to start blogging are user-friendly they don’t require advanced graphic skills. 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers, according to a HubSpot survey. Your blog is the core of all of your content marketing efforts. It’s also great content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters, e-books, etc.
Do not miss this trick!..
3 – Power of the HASHTAG
#Hashtags are used mostly on social media sites. They were first introduced to Twitter. But now you can use hashtags on other social platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+. Anyone sharing content on a relevant topic can add the hashtag label to their message. When creating a new marketing campaign we highly recommend creating a hashtag to link to the campaign. It also allows your business to reach specific users and to follow trending topics.
It is highly important to stay in the loop and follow trends and this is our top tip to staying connected with the world.
Below – Our first tweet when we had 0 followers STILL got reach – Thanks #Hashtag 😉
4 – Why should I use Video Marketing ?
Videos are highly engaging. Let’s face it most people would prefer to watch something, rather than read it. At least, this is the direction technology and businesses are moving towards. Quite simply if you aren’t using Videos for your business you are missing out on extra reach and attracting more customers.
Here is how videos can help:
- Showcase your product – Video will allow you to SHOW how to use a product and what it looks like in person opposed to a still image. The increase in video tutorials on Youtube will reflect the demand for this.
- Short, Fun and engaging – If you can create a short video that is engaging it is more likely to travel around the internet quicker – especially if it goes viral. The use of Vine will back up evidence of the growth of short video clips.
- NEW Product Launch – What a fantastic way to add to a marketing campaign by including video content of a new product. Similar to a movie being released what is the first thing people do? (watch the trailer).
- Behind the Scenes – Some companies do this very well and engage with customers by obtaining an emotional connection and making it personal to the user viewing the video. Imagine seeing back stage, meeting your staff, talking about your company/product/services in a different light? That would be interesting for some people to watch.
- If you’ve got it flaunt it – Simple, show off what you know sells. Remind people how great the product/service is.
5 – Always accept FEEDBACK
Feedback is crucial. Without your customers/clients who would you be?
Social media is a perfect platform to engage and enquire what your customers want.
Are you deciding on a new product to launch and unsure of the final decision? Ask your customers, they are the target market that will purchase this product. If you have a good social following it really can be invaluable to your company.
We hope this help. Good luck!
If we can help please let us know 🙂